We are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information of our patients and the users on our website. This Privacy Notice explains how we use or process the personal information that we collect.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data or personal information means any information relating to a natural person which identifies the person or enables the identification of that person.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you including your first name, last name, title, gender, occupation, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, feedback, selected communication preferences, which you provide voluntarily.
We may also collect special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), including information about criminal convictions and offences. We maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received previously.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may provide personal information by filling in forms, by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail and/or during the course of treatment.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As summarised below, we only use your personal information to provide you with the best possible treatment; pursue our legitimate interests; to comply with a legal obligation; for any other purpose that you have agreed with us; or otherwise permitted by law:
- To communicate with you in accordance with your selected preference
- To manage our relationship with you
- To administer and protect our business
- To deliver relevant treatment to you
We do not use your personal information for marketing or advertising purposes.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may have to share your personal data with the persons set out below. We require all such persons to respect the security of personal information and to treat it in accordance with applicable law.
- Agents, partner organisations or service providers: We outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties. When we do outsource the processing of your personal information to third parties or provide your personal information to third-party service providers or partner organisations, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information with appropriate security measures in accordance with our standards and applicable law.
- Legal requirements: We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law, requested to do so by a governmental entity, or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting, tax rules, regulations and any specific record retention laws.
6. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain exceptions, you have rights under relevant data protection law in relation to our use of your personal information, including to:
- request access to your personal information;
- request a correction of your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- request restriction of processing or object to certain uses of your personal information;
- request the erasure of your personal information; and
- withdraw any consents you have provided in respect of our use of your personal information.
If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, please contact our Information Officer (Minette de Villiers) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a written request at our office located at 6 Solway Street, Boston, Bellville.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, or as permitted by law.
8. HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information shall be treated as confidential and collected, processed and stored by ourselves and our service providers in a manner that ensures appropriate security thereof, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of all personal information submitted and/or obtained from a user, it will not be held liable under any circumstances if such information is compromised, disseminated or otherwise disclosed through conduct outside of our control.
9. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 6 June 2021.